All of us who are involved with the union’s work have full-time jobs here at Peace Corps – we are recruiters, placement officers, IT staff, administrative specialists, and so much more – and our strength as a union is directly tied to the participation of our members. Which is why we want to take this opportunity to invite you to join us in our efforts to ensure that all Peace Corps employees receive fair treatment and to make our voices heard!
How can you get involved?
- Volunteer your time and energy by attending our weekly meetings, joining our working groups, and helping plan events
- Step up and become a dues-paying member, providing support for the advocacy and organization work done by our regional council and AFSCME international (our parent union), as well as funding the activities of our local union here at Peace Corps
- Become a union steward to represent and advocate for your fellow Peace Corps employees*
- Serve in a union executive board role after elections this September*
Want to learn more, or have questions we can answer?
- Feel free to drop into our weekly Zoom office hours each Thursday at 12:00pm ET to talk with active union members (calendar invite attached).
- Or come attend our weekly meetings on Zoom each Tuesday at 12:00pm ET – new agenda items are always welcome (calendar invite attached)!
- Are you ready to jump in? Or would you prefer to email us your questions? Reach out to our inbox here.